Thursday, February 05, 2004
To gauge the political impact of Tuesday's S.C. primary, forget the polls and check the national barometer of hip: David Letterman's Top Ten list.
Wednesday night's presenter was N.C. Sen. John Edwards, reports Mark Washburn of the Charlotte Observer. Edwards' topic on CBS's "Late Show" was "Things Never Before Said by a Presidential Candidate":
10. Vote for me or I'll slash your tires.
9. Forget universal health care -- I'm buying every American an XBox.
8. In a crisis, I ask myself, 'What would Tony Danza do?'
7. I'd give you my plan for economic recovery if I wasn't rip stinkin' drunk.
6. If your last name begins with 'M' through 'Z,' sorry, your taxes are doubling.
5. We're gonna cut the deficit by selling North Dakota to Canada.
4. I have tons of experience from being president of the Burt Reynolds Fan Club.
3. Lady, that is one ugly baby.
2. When I'm president, I'm putting Regis on Mount Rushmore.
1. Read my lips: no new wardrobe malfunctions.
Howard Dean appeared Jan. 22, to read "Top Ten Ways I, Howard Dean, Can Turn Things Around"
posted by lk at 11:51 AM
Copyright 2004 Knight Ridder. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Knight Ridder is expressly prohibited.