Back to your local site:
 



Knight Ridder election blogs
  • Hot off the Trail
  • Life of the Parties
  • Ozblog
  • Ohioblog
  • Campaign Extra!
  • Infomaniac: WeBlog
  • Free-Fire Zone


  • Blogroll
  • Jay Rosen's PressThink
  • Yahoo's Blog Roundup
  • Feedster's Politics Page
  • Technorati Election Watch
  • Romenesko
  • CyberJournalist
  • Lost Remote
  • TV Newser
  • Blogging of the President
  • Tapped
  • Nat. Review's The Corner
  • The Command Post
  • Daily Kos
  • Campaign Desk
  • Scripting News
  • Roger L. Simon
  • Matt Welch
  • KausFiles
  • ABC's The Note
  • Tacitus
  • Power Line
  • Blogs for Bush
  • OxBlog
  • Talk Left
  • Political Wire
  • Glenn Reynolds: Instapundit
  • Jeff Jarvis: Buzzmachine
  • Talking Points Memo
  • Betsy's Page




  • America Votes

    Election news from across the Knight Ridder network and the Web

    Monday, November 01, 2004

    Bring your umbrellas! 

    The Weather Channel is predicting a wet Election Day for much of the south and northeast on Tuesday but other places will be basking in sunshine and mild temperatures.

    Some key states: Milwaukee, partly cloudy with highs in the 50s; Denver, sunny with a high of 50 degrees as well; Miami, partly cloudy with a high of 86 degrees; Philadelphia, mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain, high of 62 degrees; Akron, 67 degrees with an 80 percent chance of rain.

    Weather could be a factor some say -- but then again, this year lots of things could be factor. Check out this link for updated information.

    Also, remember -- in many critical states -- Iowa and Florida are two examples -- many folks have already cast their ballots. But the vast majority of folks will still be heading to the polls in what pundits are insisting with be a too-close-to-call race for the White House.

    Last minute get-out-the-vote efforts are being launched by both sides. In California, which is expected to land in the John Kerry column, organizers are urging folks to hop in their cars and head to Nevada, where it's estimated that more than 80,000 folks don't have phone service so will need to be reached in person, door-to-door.

    You can bet on one thing: if we have a winner come Wednesday morning -- the weather will be great where ever he is.

    posted by Lori Aratani at 4:08 PM



    This blog is compiled and edited by:

  • Ellen Dunkel, producer for Knight Ridder Digital's National Desk.
  • John Murrell, minister of information for SiliconValley.com.

  •  Latest posts
       •  Fun with foodstuffs
       •  If it's Monday it must be Madison ...
       •  Thoughts on turnout
       •  Auspicious ears?
       •  Boo! It's a politician
       •  Omens rule; pollsters drool
       •  The kings and queens of mean
       •  Least-anticipated trip to Hawaii. Ever. Part II.
       •  Least-anticipated trip to Hawaii. Ever.
       •  You call that a scream?



    Over the course of the campaign, this blog was titled Hot Off The Trail and featured entries from Knight Ridder reporters.

     Archives
       •  01/25/2004 - 02/01/2004
       •  02/01/2004 - 02/08/2004
       •  02/08/2004 - 02/15/2004
       •  02/15/2004 - 02/22/2004
       •  02/22/2004 - 02/29/2004
       •  02/29/2004 - 03/07/2004
       •  03/07/2004 - 03/14/2004
       •  03/14/2004 - 03/21/2004
       •  03/21/2004 - 03/28/2004
       •  09/19/2004 - 09/26/2004
       •  09/26/2004 - 10/03/2004
       •  10/03/2004 - 10/10/2004
       •  10/10/2004 - 10/17/2004
       •  10/17/2004 - 10/24/2004
       •  10/24/2004 - 10/31/2004
       •  10/31/2004 - 11/07/2004

    XML-RSS feed










    About Realcities Network | About Knight Ridder | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement

    Copyright 2004 Knight Ridder. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
    of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Knight Ridder is expressly prohibited.